Bants is in a quiet village location but very close to the City of Worcester, where you can spend time visitin The Cathedral, The Porcelain Works, Museums The Elgar centre, take a trip on the River Severn or pay a visit to the local Cricket grounds or Rugby club. Visit Nearby Pershore which provides local charm with its Abbey and Georgian High Street. Also within easy reach are The Cotswolds The Bredon and Malvern hills Stratford. Ragley Hall and Spetchley Gardens.
Nearby Points of Interest
- St Kenelm's Way (0 mi)
- From Clent to Cotswold by Gerry Stewart Great walking countrside
Upton Snodsbury to Great Comberton is one of the famouse walks you could take on St Kenelm's way. There are at least eight churches dedicted
To St Kenelm, the discovery that Upton Snodsbury church lying midway between Clent and Winchcombe, was one of these concluded the matter of the ideal route.But why would the monks of Winchcobe, bearing Kenelm's remains, choose a line from Kenelmstowe over Walton hill to Snodsbury
- Worcester Cathedral (5 mi)
- Worcester Cathedral is a magnificent sight as it rises majestically above the River Severn. Worcesterhas been the seat of a bishopric since the Seventh Century and the Cathedral was served by monks until the Reformation .St Oswold and St Wulfstan were among the bishops.Since the
Eighteenth Century the Cathedral has been famous for its part in the annual Three Choirs Festival, the oldest choral festival in existence.
- RAGLEY HALL (8 mi)
- Sudeley Castle (12 mi)
- Set against the backdrop of the beautifull Cotswold hills Sudeley Castle is steeped in history. With royal connections spanning a thousand years it has played an important role in the turbulent and changing times of England past.
- HANBURY HALL (8 mi)
- NATIONAL TRUST...Built in a warm local red brick in 1701, this William and Mary style house is set in 20 acres of beautifuly restored formal gardens and 393 acres of park designed by George London
- rugby (2 mi)
- Worcester Rugby Football Club owes its foundations to the cleric, the Rev Francis John Eld ( died in 1922)
a headmaster of the Worcester Royal Grammer School. it is recorded that the club began under' most favourable auspices' with members paying a small subscription, and were asked to find a friend to play who lived within three minutes of the city
- Horse Racing (7 mi)
- Worcester Racecourse, with its picturesque tree lined track and unique position nestling on the banks of the River Severn
- Cricket (6 mi)
- please look at there website for further information
- COUGHTON COURT (10 mi)
- THE AWARD- WINNING GARDENS WERE CREATED AND CONTINUE TO BE MANAGED BY THE THROCKMORTON FAMILY
HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE THE WALLED GARDEN, WITH ITS ROSE LABYRINTH,HOT AND COOL HEBACEOUS BORDERS AND EARLY SUMMER GARDEN
- spetchley park (1 mi)
- Spetchley Estate has belonged to the Berkley family since 1605
- christmas victorian fayre (6 mi)
- 29th November -2nd December 2012
- Worcester Motor Festival (6 mi)
- 28th April, 9am-5pm, Worcester city centre
Around 50 of the latest four wheelers will be featured in Worcester high street and a great variety of shiny and eye catching classic cars will return to this free city centre event. From brand new Jaguars and sporty Fiats to classic Morgan motor cars and historic MGs, this event is not only for car enthusiasts but for the whole family.
- Olympic Torch Relay Celebration (6 mi)
- 24th and 25th May, throughout Worcester and Worcestershire County Cricket Club.
The Olympic flame will shine a light right across Worcester on 24th and 25th May, to celebrate the culture and heritage of our proud city.
Worcestershire County Cricket Club will host a spectacular evening celebration of the torch's overnight stay in the city on the 24th May, with music performances, light shows and the thrilling moment when the torch arrives in the ground and is used to light a giant cauldron
- Worcester Festival (6 mi)
- 17th-27th August, throughout the city.
The Worcester festival transforms the city with a plethora of indoor and outdoor events for every generation.
Enjoy lively street entertainment, walks and talks, singing classes, theatre performances and hands on workshops.
The well established CAMRA beer and cider perry festival, Flower show and the popular Worcester music festival are also part of this major event
- Three Counties Show, Malvern (8 mi)
- The Region's Premier Agricultural Show, 15th-17th June
Do you want a fun day out in the Worcestershire countryside with family and friends. Do you like to see magnificent animals, rural crafts and even a bit of stick making? Or maybe some food sampling from the finest products washed down with a cool glass of cider? Or how about watching the White Helmets and thei fantastic formations! Well it's all here.
Kids go free for Jubilee on June 16th
- Beauty (2 mi)
- Massage is a great way to unwind and dates back many centuries. The romans had the right idea- bathing in hot water or steam followed by this theraputic treatment. A modern take on this isa sessionin our hot spa followed by a massage using aromatic essential oils
- jinny ring (8 mi)
- Twelve craft studios . Here in their own individual studios, crafts people can be seen at work
- cycle rides (5 mi)
- there are lots of places to cycle around worcestershire
- Walking in Upton Snodsbury (0 mi)
- There are some lovely walks throug the countryside around Upton Snodsbury
Walkers are oftenn rewarded witth expansive views alongside interesting evidence of ancient settlements, ridge and furrow, tracks, water mills buzzards soaring, woodpeckers hammering and active badger sets.The parish, particually Bow Wood, is home to several different species of deer
We are lucky to have 8 great walks right by us
- Elgar Birthplace Museum (8 mi)
- Explore the life and music of England's great composer
- Sir Edward Elgar (8 mi)
- Explore the life and music of Enhgland's great composer
Proceed from junction 6 off the M5 and follow the signs for Evesham, at the second island turn left along the A422 towards Stratford, Bants is approximatley 2 miles on the left hand side.
Journey time to Bants from the following destinations
Worcester City 10 minutes
Droitwich 15 minutes
Evesham 20 minutes
Stratford upon Avon 30 minutes
Birmingham Airport 30 minutes
Bristol 75 minutes
London 2 hours